The purpose of this website is to stop the proposed Lippa Pit and Quarry, by providing a platform to share information and to coordinate our opposition.
- SMP UPDATE: tue.nov.27 re. LPAT Hearing Report
- SMP UPDATE: sat.nov.17 re. Hearing (Motion to Dismiss), November 26
- SMP UPDATE: thu.oct.25 re. A New Day has Dawned on Muskoka!
- SMP UPDATE: wed.oct.10 re. Muskoka Municipal Election
- SMP UPDATE: sun.sep.30 re. Summer success, rare turtles, LPAT CMC
- SMP UPDATE: thu.aug.16 re. Rally Report and Upcoming Events
- PHOTOS: Rock the Quarry Rally for Skeleton Lake
- SMP UPDATE: fri.aug.3 re. Rock the Quarry Rally next Friday!
- SMP UPDATE: sat.jul.21 re. Rock the Quarry Rally – AUG.10
- SMP UPDATE: mon.jul.16 re. 2nd OMB Pre-Hearing Conference Report
- ARTICLES: sun.apr.8 – Huntsville Doppler Article
- ARTICLES: fri.apr.6 – Cottage Life Article
- LETTERS: in response to Globe and Mail Article
- ARTICLES: sun.apr.1 – Globe and Mail Article
- REPORTS: new report from the Director of Planning, Re: OPA 46, ZBA-13/12, (LIPPA)
- VIDEO: fri.dec.1 – Truck traffic on Muskoka Rd 3
- PHOTOS: ToML Council meeting
- VIDEO: Muskoka Lakes council vote against proposed quarry – CogecoTV Muskoka
- the proposed pit site is located within 2km of Skeleton Lake, and could impact the water quality of one of the most pristine lakes in the Muskokas
- the applicant, Frank Lippa, wants to remove more than 200,000 tonnes of rock, gravel and sand from the site per annum, which would mean that on average more than 100 truckloads per day would be carried on Muskoka Road #3 (recognized as a scenic route), with 70% going towards Huntsville and 30% going towards Rosseau
- the pit operations would be located in an environmentally sensitive area and could seriously impact deer, moose and bear populations, as well as endangered species, common to this area, including the snapping turtle and eastern wood-pewee
- the pit would be operating through the height of the summer tourist season, and would have a very negative impact on Muskoka’s growing reputation as a mecca for eco-tourism
What Can You Do?
FUND THE FIGHT
Help stop the Lippa Pit & Quarry by adding your name here:
TECHNICAL REPORTS: http://stopmuskokapit.ca/reports/
Skeleton Lake Cottagers Organization (SLCO)
CALL, EMAIL OR WRITE A LETTER
Send E-mails voicing concerns to Provincial Government representatives:
Jeff Yurek, Minister of Natural Resources and Forestry
Norm Miller, MPP Parry Sound – Muskoka